Not that you’ll get dragged off the plane kicking and screaming like we’ve seen in the news if you overbook your writing session with ideas, but here’s a pre-write check list which can prove helpful…
- Carry a means of marking down inspiration or watch it flit away like a bird in a hurricane.
• Do a little research and pondering on your tune or your lyric will dull listener’s ears like ice on your song’s wings.
• Organize your song’s tweaks and diddle, or it’ll look as screwed up as some airline’s PR plan.
• Storyboard if it helps layout the flight plan. Prevents you from dragging out a valuable idea while it leaves heel marks kickingand screaming down the gateway.
• Clear your head with a walk or something, keeps you from thinking about the bills while captaining your song safely to its destination.
As smart as the checklist is, even it won’t shine up those lyrics. Thankfully though, you’ll find out, in detail, how to do that in May’s issue of TuneBooster. Publishing soon so climb aboard, clamp on those safety buckles, the next issue is taxiing the runway. Join TuneBooster at https://www.tunesmithtips.com/newsletter/